The imprint of history is visible in the division of Polish farmland around the village of Suloszowa. Poland regained its independence in 1918, and before that this land near Krakow was divided under a German system known as Waldhufendorf. The philosophy of the street village was settlement along the roads and streams, with narrow stripes of farmland transitioning from fields to pasture and surrounding forest, which has slowly disappeared. The narrow strips are now about 25 meters wide, resulting from the inheritance and division of property between children and their families. The dominant crops are potatoes wheat, oats, corn cabbage, beans, rye, beetroot, and strawberries.